- View the source.
- HaihaoLiu(Open) has been deleted.
- 1 (2016-06-09 (Thu) 17:23:17)
Here is a daily log for Haihao Liu from 2016.6.5 to 2016.8.7 in Saito Lab in Tohoku Univ.
Daily schedule (tentative)†
- 09:30-10:00 Finishing/continuing any work from previous day
- 10:00-12:00 Discussion with Shoufie-san
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-14:30 Discussion with Shoufie-san
- 14:30-15:00 Prepare daily report presentation
- 15:00-15:30 Meeting with Saito-sensei
- 15:30-17:30 Continuing work/updating Pukiwiki
Goal of the project†
- To enhance electric field at graphene surface by changing the possible patterns of dielectric thin layers through deep learning algorithms.
- Keywords: graphene, transfer matrix, deep learning.
Questions and Answers†
This section is for posting questions from Haihao-san and answers from other group members.
- Please list here with some simple reasons or details.
- For every problem, give a tag double asterisks (**) in the code so that it will appear in the table of contents.
- For the answer, give a tag triple asterisks (***) in the code below the problem in order to make a proper alignment.
- List from new to old.
This part is basically written by Haihao-san. Any other people can add this. Here the information should be from new to old so that we do not need to scroll.
- Wrote MATLAB program to construct transfer matrix for n-th Fibonacci lattice
- Plotted transmission probability as a function of frequency, 10th gen made a nice looking fractal
- Clean up MATLAB code
- Plot E field in Fibonacci lattice as function of distance (z), see points of most enhancement
- Walked to campus, took around 30 mins
- Found explicit formula for n-th Fibonacci number, and wrote Python program to generate n-th iteration of the Fibonacci fractal
- Derived matching (boundary) and propagation matrices in transfer matrix method, used to calculate R and T probabilities for comparison
- Derived E and H relations from Maxwell's equations (Ampere's)
- Introduced myself at group meeting, shared some omiyage from China
- Set up printer over LAN
- Check that theory agrees with Snell's Law
- Construct transfer matrix for n-th Fibonacci lattice
- Nugraha-sensei helped me set up lab server access, mail client, etc.
- Bento lunch from Espace Ouvert restaurant (next to 7-11 on bottom floor of new building), ate with Saito-sensei who played his ukulele
- Learned how to derive boundary conditions for EM wave passing from one dielectric media to another, using Maxwell's equations (Faraday's and Ampere's)
- Solved for reflection and transmission probabilities at boundary for normal incident wave
- Test SHH from dorm room
- Read pages on reflection and transmission of EM waves at boundary, and derive probabilities for both TE and TM both of oblique incident waves