- The added line is THIS COLOR.
- The deleted line is THIS COLOR.
Started by Hasdeo.2013.05.31
This is Moya's logbook for Nano Japan project from 2012.6.2-2012.7.31.
* Daily schedule [#daily]
- 09:00-10:00 Discussion (1)
- 10:00-12:00 Solve the problem and write the progress on pukiwiki
- 12:00-13:30 Lunch
- 13:30-14:30 Discussion (2)
- 14:30-16:30 Solve the problem and write the progress on pukiwiki
- 16:30-17:30 e-mail report and problems
* Goal of the project. [#goal]
- To describe the thermal conductivity of Nanotubes and graphene. The output will be an animation of atomic vibration and its propagation in Mathematica
- Keywords: Thermal conductivity, carbon nanotubes, Differential equation, Fourier Transform, Solid-state physics, Mathematica
* Schedule for discussion [#discussion]
|Time and Day|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|
* Division of tutors [#v0d44b28]
|Name|Lesson to teach|Misc|
|Hasdeo|Phonon in Nanotubes| How to make a presentation, and Japanese class|
|Tatsumi|Nanotubes| Printer and Copy machine|
|Thomas|Physical Mathematics| Library|
|Mizuno|Physical Computation| Computer in Lab|
|Nugraha|Phonon in Nanotubes| |
- Tutorial takes place in Coffee room, since visitor room will be occupied with many people
* Questions and Answers [#QA]
- This section is for posting questions from Moya-san and answers from other group members.
- Please list here with some simple reasons or details.
- For every problem, give a tag double asterisks (**) in the code so that it will appear in the table of contents.
- For the answer, give a tag triple asterisks (***) in the code below the problem in order to make a proper alignment.
- List from new to old.
* Report: [#d6196c2a]
** June 3: [#k93c5c39]
Today, Hasdeo-san picked me up from Urban Castle Kawauchi (UCK) with Thomas-san. I learned how to get to the lab by campus bus and have been introduced to the lab and Saito-sensei and the secretaries. So far, everyone seems very nice and I am very excited to start working on thermal conductivity, which was a surprise.
Today, Hasdeo-san picked me up from Urban Castle Kawauchi (UCK) with Thomas-san. I learned how to get to the lab by campus bus and have been introduced to the lab, Saito-sensei and the secretaries. Hadeo-san taught me about coupled oscillators, where I learned how to solve for the motion of two masses connected by springs. The goal is to model heat in CNT's as atoms vibrating with springs. Thomas-san also lectured me and taught me some math. He taught me how to solve the 2-dimensional Laplacian using separation of variables. He also provided some insight on the applications solving the laplacian. So far, everyone seems very nice and I am very excited to start working on thermal conductivity, which was a surprise.