Motherboard Configuration (New Flex)
Features for new Flex†
- flex is the main server of www, mail, nfs, tftp, sftp, and nis.
- flex was down because of HDD problem for every two years.
- new flex should be a robust machine for HDD.
- new flex machine are two machines with the same systems and the same hardware.
- each HDD is backuped by Raid 0 (mirror)
Features of new tube 2009†
- new tube started from 2008.
- This year we will use PXE (network boot of Linux and NFS) for diskless machine.
- We will set up new tube 2009 before our setting new flex.
- new tube machine will setup as follows
- (1) At first, we set up a new tube on the new box.
- (2) We will make a PXE server (Nugraha-san's machine?) and make a new subnet.
- (3) The PXE server, we set up tftp, dhcp, and NFS.
- (4) We try to network boot for PXE clients (new tube machine)
- (5) Finally we move to the PXE server to flex and old boxes.
- We set up a NIC card to Nugraha-san's Linux Machine.
- We make a subnet 192.168.3.0/255.255.255.0
- We set up dhcpd, tftpd, NFS, etc on Nuguraha-san' linux.
- We first set up two boxes on new tube 2009
- The two boxes are connected to 192.168.3.0 subnet
- We try to do network boot on the two boxes.
Important factors to set up New Flex†
- Power Supply (PS) of new Flex is little bit different with other PS's i.e. it requires 12x2 and 2 x 2 connector (power) to get power from power supply.
- We have the same PS with different connector which does not start BIOS.
- 2009.4.13, Mahabubu-san and Nugraha-san found this and change PS and succeed to recognize BIOS.