Riichiro Saito, Professor of Physics, Tohoku University
Theoretical Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics Laboratory,
Department of Physics,
Graduate School of Science
- 6-3, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-8578, Japan.
- 847 Complex-B (H03)
- +81-22-795-7754 (try 6445 if not avairable)
- +81-22-795-6447 (Condensed Matter Theory Group)
- Welcome! Please make an appointment by e-mail.
Access information .
- Biographies in sentences:
- R. Saito was born on March 13th, 1958, in Tokyo
and recieved PhD degree in Physics
University of Tokyo in 1985. After being a
research associate at the University
of Tokyo in 1985 and
an a associate professor at the University of
(Tokyo) in 1990, Saito is a
professor in Department of Physics, Tohoku
University in Sendai
since 2003. Saito wrote a book titled
"Physical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes"
with Professor Gene Dresselhaus and Professor Mildred S. Dresselhaus
published by Imperial College Press in 1998 (book citation 8.989 2017.10).
- Prize & Award
- J. Appl. Phys. Society Paper Award (First author M. S. Ukhtary) (2017.9.5)
- J. Phys. Soc. Jpn Paper Award (First author W. Izumida) (2014.3.29)
- IUMRS 2009 Somiya Award (2009.9.22) IUMRS.
- The Japanese Society of Microscopy Award (2009.5.28)
- The Japan Carbon Award for Innovative Research (2008.7.17)
- Hsun Lee Research Award (2006) IMR, China.
- Japan IBM Science Prize (Physics) (1999)
- Research (No further information in English)
- Recent Papers,
- Publication lists
Tohoku Univ. database
(Part of lists are written in japanese and not accepted yet.)
- Most cited papers: R. Saito,
- "Physical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes" (1998, Imperial College Press)
- "Raman Spectroscopy in Graphene Related Systems"